With the aim of sharing some of our writing knowledge gained at places like the BBC, ITV, Yahoo!, AOL, Magic FM and Heat, my fellow editor Sue Keogh from Sookio and I gave a workshop as part of the Social Media Week London conference.
- how to write a killer headline
- crafting tweets to get them retweeted
- writing for Facebook and Twitter
- bringing it all together with an example from AOL and the Saturdays
- sharing our favourite dos and don’ts when writing for social media.
‘Informal but informative’
‘Very informative, common sense approach’
‘The examples really helped with a current campaign’
‘Lots of great tips’
We’ll be offering more workshops in the following areas in the very near future. Please get in touch if you’d like to know more.
- Writing the perfect headline
- How to write a good blog post
- Writing for Facebook as a brand
- How to write well on Twitter for brands
We held the event at the AOL building on Capper Street. As you’d expect it’s all bright, fluffy cushions on funky sofas and glass staircases. In fact, it was a fantastic venue due to its central location, huge conference room with comfortable chairs and the lovely spread of sandwiches and cakes they put on. Thanks AOL!